Normal guidelines for web applications readily available to anyone who wishes to check the iterative progress of their best practices. The primary motivation is two- fold: 1) code consistency and 2) best practices. By maintaining consistency in coding styles and conventions, they can ease the burden of legacy code maintenance, and mitigate risk of breakage in the future. By adhering to best practices, they ensure optimized page loading, performance and maintainable code.
- What’s Up, DOCTYPE?
- Write Valid Semantic Markup
- Use Microformats
- Images Need ‘Alt’ Text
- Use Tables for Tabular Data Only
- Use jQuery & jQuery UI Widgets
- Whitespacing & Formatting
- Avoid Polluting the Global Namespace
- CSS Shorthand
- Clearing Floats
- Feature Sniff, Don’t Browser Sniff
- You’re Not !important
- Aggressive Degradation
Contact us for any queries day or night and we will provide our specialties.