What is a CSS Grid System?
Grid System is an effort to streamline web development workflow by providing commonly used dimensions, based on a width of some pixels. There are some variants like 12 and 16 columns etc…
Beyond a certain point it uses media queries to serve up a mobile version, which essentially stacks all the columns on top of each other so the flow of information still makes sense and that structure the websites we develop and design. Some of the benefits are:
- Gives your design consistency
- Allows flexibility between elements
- Can make your designs more usable and legible
- Reduces CSS coding errors
- For the most part, it eliminates the need for nested HTML tables
- “Blesses” you with cross-browser support
- Sophisticated layout structures offer more flexibility and enhance the visual experience of visitors
- Users can easier follow the consistency of the page, while developers can update the layout in a well thought-out, consistent way
Some of the websites offering grid systems and layout generators like 960gs, blueprint, YUI Grid, Semantic Grid etc… Things You Probably Don’t Know About Grid-based Design:
- First designing grid systems in graphic design, 1. figure out the page size, 2. divide it into a grid, 3. start designing
- The grid is the most vivid element that will allow to order in graphic design.
- Effective principles in grid design is called the Rule of Thirds, also known as the golden grid rule. The Rule of Thirds is a technique which is applied by dividing a space into thirds, both vertically and horizontally, creating a grid of rectangles.
- Table layouts are great for grid designs
- Well designed grid systems can make your designs not only more beautiful and legible, but more usable
We at DesigningStudios are CSS Experts specialized in resolving tough issues, focusing on cross-browser compatibility and coding that tastes. We solve all your css related issues. We offer the best layout coding service in CSS and XHTML while taking into account load optimization, SEO and web browsers. For any queries email us or reach us via online contact form one of our member will assist you shortly.